In 2017, in Poznań, 8.6 thousand new business entities were registered in the REGON register.
The number of newly registered business entities (8.6 thousand) was higher than those registered (6 thousand). Most new business entities were created in the following sections:
- Professional, scientific and technical activities
- Information and communication
- Real estate market service
- Administration and support activities.
As a part of the City’s activities aimed at supporting new entrepreneurs in 2017, the following were conducted:
- training and consulting services of the Advisory and Training Centre
- subsidies for starting a business by unemployed persons provided by the District Labour Office
- consulting on issues related to the establishment and running of a business provided by the Poznan Center for Entrepreneurship Support.
Free training offered by the Advisory and Training Centre included issues related to:
- setting up a business (procedures for registering a company, choosing the legal form for running a business)
- sources of financing for business activities
- the rules for drawing up a business plan
- business communication and negotiation
- legal, accounting, and tax issues.
In 2017, the training offer was extended to include updated information and new issues, such as:
- website – as a basis for image building and communication with the customer
- sales strategy – how to prepare and implement an effective sales strategy
- “Szef czy lider” (“Head or leader”) – modern management techniques
- “Meet the Brand” – how to build a brand that earns money
- online marketing – basic tools and their application in practice
- running a business in Germany
- drafting a business plan – PKO Bank Polski and the Poznanian Credit Guarantee Fund Ltd.