The total amount allocated to the city’s investment promotion in 2017 amounted to PLN 1.1 million and was higher by 36% as compared to 2016.
Participation in international fairs
An important form of promoting the investment potential of the city is the participation in international fairs, e.g.:
- MIPIM in Cannes. The 2017 edition attracted over 2.6 thousand exhibitors and 23 thousand visitors from 90 countries. More than 100 conferences and speeches were held during the fair. The City of Poznań, at its own stand, presented the city’s potential and investment offer of itself and its partners. Investment offers of the metropolis’ communes were also presented, prepared by the Poznań Metropolis Association. The most important project being promoted was the concept of developing the Wolne Tory district.
- EXPO REAL Real Estate Trade Fair in Munich. This is the second most important trade fair for the real estate industry in Europe.
- Real Connect Fair in Warsaw, where real estate offers were presented to Polish investors.
- Hannover Messe trade fair for industrial technology, which in 2017 was devoted in particular to business opportunities in Poland.
- China Hi-Tech Fair 2017 in Shenzen, where the investment potential of the City was presented.
The City of Poznań also participated in other fairs devoted to modern technologies, in particular the game development sector, which is considered to be prospective for the development of the IT market in Poznań. Participation in the Quo Vadis fair in Berlin and Gamescom in Cologne was aimed at promoting the creators of computer games from Poznań and encouraging companies operating in the modern technology sector to start their business in Poznań. The game development sector was also promoted locally during the Poznań Game Arena trade fair.
During specially organized events abroad, the City of Poznań participated in initiatives aimed at encouraging companies to locate their investments in Poznań, among others:
- the “Poland’s Rising Outsourcing Destination” conference in London (in cooperation with Emerging Europe)
- the “USA Summit and Awards Gala” in New York (organized by Biznes Polska)
- the Shared Services & Outsourcing Woche conference in Berlin, which took stock of the state of shared services and outsourcing centres sector in the German-speaking countries in 2017.
Cooperation with business self-governments
Promotion of Poznań’s investment potential was also carried out through frequent cooperation with the business self-government, e.g.:
- British-Polish Chamber of Commerce BPCC
- Netherlands-Polish Chamber of Commerce NPCC
- Wielkopolska Capital Club
- Wielkopolska Izba Przemysłowo-Handlowa (Wielkopolska Chamber of Commerce & Industry)
associations of companies, e.g.:
- local ABSL chapter
- business support institutions.
In 2017 the City of Poznań was a partner of the most important conference for the modern services sector – ABSL (Association of Business Service Leaders in Poland), organised by the Association of Business Service Leaders. The City of Poznań also participated in the ASPIRE conference devoted to the development of the modern technology industry.
In 2017, promotional and advertising activities were undertaken to strengthen the image of Poznań domestically and abroad. To this end, the following promotional materials were issued:
- the report “Usługi Biznesowe w Poznaniu” (“Business Services in Poznań”) – prepared for the City of Poznań by the Association of Business Service Leaders (ABSL) in cooperation with JLL and Randstad; it discusses the demographic situation, the labour market and the office space market; the report is a compendium of knowledge for investors from the modern services sector; it is available in Polish and English
- “Poznański rynek nieruchomości 2016” (“Poznań Real Estate Market 2016”) – a study on the current situation on the real estate market in Poznań, with a specification of the office, warehouse, and retail space market
- “Katalog ofert inwestycyjnych pod nieruchomości hotelowe” (“Catalogue of investment offers for hotel properties”) – it presents offers of properties intended for investments related to hotel operations; published in English
- “Live and Work” folder – an updated guide for foreigners living or planning to settle in Poznań; published in English and German.
- the brochure “Poznań. Top location for business” – the next version of the brochure on the investment potential of the city for priority sectors; published in English
- a film promoting the “Niemiecki do Poznania” project – aimed in particular at pupils facing the choice of a second foreign language and their parents
- a film promoting the “BPO/SSC Week” – a summary of the workshops held in 2016.
The potential of Poznań was also presented:
- in magazines published by LOT Polish Airlines (Kaleidoscope) and Lufthansa (Lufthansa Magazin and Lufthansa Exclusive)
- in the industry magazine of the modern services sector “Outsourcing & More”
- in the “Eurobuild” real estate magazine
- in the magazine promoting Poland abroad “Poland Today”
- in the ABSL Report “Sektor nowoczesnych usług biznesowych w Polsce 2017” (“Modern Business Services Sector in Poland 2017”)
Current information for investors was distributed on the website www.poznan.pl – “Invest in Poznań”, in social media on the “Invest in Poznań” fan page and through a newsletter.